Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I love Forte Tenors.  Josh Page made an impact on me when I saw him on a You-tube video with Charice with David Foster around 4 years ago.  So imagine my surprise when I turned on AGT and watched Josh Page audition with Fernando Varela and Hana Ryu as a tenor group. They had just met online and this was their first audition.  They sang "Pie Jesu".  They blew me away.  I was hooked. 
Vegas week there was a new member replacing Hana who had visa issues.  Sean Pannikkar was found online and said he would join the group.  They audition together for the first time together singing "The Prayer".  



They went on to Radio City Music Hall.  Forte first song in front of an audience was "Somewhere".  They were voted on to the semi-finals and and blew the audience away with "Unchained Melody".


Voted on again they introduce the millions to "My heart will go on" in spanish
They got the longest standing ovation of the night or maybe ever. I loved it. 

Forte went on to the finals.  They sang "The Prayer" with orchestra and lights and choir.  It was heavenly


and the finale "Caruso" .  Syco/Columbia Records signed them and they produced a debut CD named "Forte" 

No comments: